Other names: Bittersweet Nightshade, Deadly Nightshade, European Bittersweet, Woody Nightshade
Fruit ripening dates: August through October
Seeds present in bird fecal samples at the Rouge River Bird Observatory, Dearborn, MI.
Considered an invasive species in several states, including Michigan.
- Seed picture at UBC Botanical Garden
- Species profile at USDA Plants Database
- Michigan Flora online species profile
- University of Wisconsin-Steven Point Robert. W. Freckmann herbarium species profile
- Center for Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health, Invasive.org species profile
- Ohio Perennial and Biennial Weed Guide species profile
* Listed as invasive in natural areas by the Invasive Plant Atlas of the United States.
(Numbers in photo captions are photo credits, listed in the "Photo Credits" tab at the top of the page)