Other names: Rhus radicans
Dry, waxy fruits eaten primarily by woodpeckers and Yellow-rumped Warblers (Setophaga coronata), but an important food source in winter.
Seeds present in bird fecal samples at the Rouge River Bird Observatory, Dearborn, MI.
- Species Profile at USDA Plants Database
- Michigan Flora online species profile
- University of Wisconsin-Steven Point Robert. W. Freckmann herbarium species profile
- Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center species profile
- Trees, Shrubs, and Woody Vines of Illinois species profile
- Center for Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health, Invasive.org species profile
(Numbers in photo captions are photo credits, listed in the "Photo Credits" tab at the top of the page)